The Information Center in your College House is operated by the Residential Services Manager and offers daily, front line, 24-hour assistance to residents.
Your Information Center is the first point of contact for most residential concerns and provides services and support in many areas, including:
- Assistance and follow up with maintenance and housekeeping issues
- Monitoring and maintaining systems and controls for safety, security, key control and resident privacy
- Loan of lock out and special use keys
- Facilitating guest access, guest passes and resident sign-in
- Loan of moving carts
- Loan of vacuums
- Access to house staff and program info
- Issuing house-specific items such as game equipment Flowers and perishable deliveries: These are the only items signed for and kept at an Info Center. The student must pick them up within 3 days. Perishables such as flowers will be disposed of if not claimed.
- Flowers and perishable deliveries: These are the only items signed for and kept at an Info Center. The student must pick them up within 3 days. Perishables such as flowers will be disposed of if not claimed.
The Residential Services Manager (RSM) is a full-time University employee who hires, trains and manages student staff, oversees the delivery of daily services to the residents and the House staff, and keeps abreast of issues and concerns affecting the condition, appearance and operations of the building. The RSMs take a great deal of ownership and pride in serving their house residents and in making sure that things are addressed and run smoothly. The RSM and other Info Center staff can assist with resident questions or problems if your RA or House Director is not available
The RSM is particularly equipped to monitor and assist with resolution of resident maintenance or houskeeping issues and works closely with Residential Services administration to set priorities, follow up on open work orders, and call for emergency issues. The RSM is responsible for the building key inventory, including security, recordkeeping and control of all student room keys, as well as keys to service areas and common rooms.
The Information Center is staffed on weekdays from 8 am - 12 pm by the full-time RSM, and by student and Allied Barton guard staff on afternoons, evenings, and weekends. The Information Center program is managed by the Building Administration team in Residential Services.
The Information Center is not a lost and found and staff may not accept lost articles. Lost items should be referred to Penn Police. Personal deliveries to students may not be left at the Information Center.
For any Information Center related service, transaction, fee or other concern, please email Residential Services at email@example.com.